Thursday, December 11, 2008

Back to the question...

Sustainability has definitely become more meaningful to me from the beginning of the semester to now. I still retain a lot of the initial inferences I made about sustainability at the beginning of this class, like our responsibility to the earth and how we should not take the things we have for granted. Along with this, I want to add that not only is sustainability a very real and impacting run of give and take, but it is a mission on all of our parts to create the ideal way of life that benefits both us and the world we live in. From the readings I found the magnitude of the "green" movement and all the ways people have already come up with to help the earth. It was encouraging to see how many people already feel passionate about and work towards this cause. From class discussions, I realized that there are people of all ages (even --- ESPECIALLY --- my age!) that are already very driven in this endeavor, which is inspiring as well. And from the Lifestyle Project (oh, the Lifestyle Project...) I discovered that even though making your life sustainable (or MORE sustainable) does take some work, it really is easier than it seems. Already I find myself automatically doing things like not getting a tray in the Commons, turning the extra lights off whenever possible, being conscious of how long my showers take, and eating more veggies instead of meat. This course made a positive impact on my lifestyle and how I view sustainability, and I'm really glad I took it. :)

No comments: